NAU offers many programs that are popular with our military students. The Bachelor or Science in Management is one of our most popular degree programs.
The Bachelor of Science in Management program is designed for adults with transferable college credit who are seeking opportunities for advancement in the field of business management. Students combine college credit from accredited institutions or non-traditional prior learning from a specialty field with a comprehensive management curriculum and relevant general education courses. They may also create their own subject area of concentration, utilizing National American University course offerings. Students enrolling in this program are encouraged to have specific career goals that align with their chosen area of specialty.
Other NAU Programs:
- Business Administration BS
- Criminal Justice BS
- Healthcare Management BS
- Information Technology BS
- Organizational Leadership BS
- Aviation Management BS
GEM (General Education Mobile)
National American University provides opportunities for military students to complete their Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) degree. The General Education Mobile (GEM) program links CCAF students to online regionally accredited civilian academic institutions that offer freshman/sophomore level general education courses. These courses fulfill the 15 semester hours, 22.5 quarter hours of the CCAF Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree general education requirements. The five following disciplines are offered for the GEM program: oral communication, written communication, mathematics, social science, and humanities.
All courses listed above are offered every term. Term length is 11 weeks with monthly starts.
The Air University Associate-to-Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC) program is an initiative between Air University and civilian higher education institutions, one of which being National American University (NAU), to offer Bachelor's degree opportunities to every Air Force enlisted member regardless of location. National American University offers the unique opportunity to complete all coursework completely online. NAU’s Bachelor of Science in Management and Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice programs have been evaluated by Air University and found relevant to an individual’s Air Force career field. The program is designed to transfer CCAF credits so students can obtain a bachelor’s degree with no more than 60 additional equivalent semester credits, which equals 90 quarter hour credits using the standard conversion. Air University program requirements:
- Meet specific accreditation standards;
- Require no more than 60 equivalent semester hours or 90 quarter hours after the A.A.S. degree for a Bachelor’s degree;
- Deliver instruction with distance learning available;
- Maximize application of military credit; and
- Relate degree programs to Air Force specialty.
NAU’s BS Management degree program incorporates CCAF technical and program elective credits to fulfill the program open elective requirements and block transfer general education courses to optimize transfer credits. All CCAF degrees are eligible for transfer into the management degree program.
*Kansas residents restrictions may apply, please contact 877-500-1310 for further details.
TRANSFER AND PRIOR LEARNING CREDIT
Earn your degree sooner using transfer credits from prior education and prior learning credits from qualified military training, work, and life experience. Transfer up to 100% of your eligible credits required for certain degree programs as transfer credits or a combination of transfer credits and prior learning credits, as permitted by accreditation standards, state regulations, and university policy. More information is available on Transfer of Credit in NAU's undergraduate catalog https://national.smartcatalogiq.com/2017-2018/Undergraduate-Catalog/Academics/Transfer-of-Credit
- CCAF Credits include credits documented on your CCAF transcripts for professional military education, training, and occupation experiences.
- ACE Credits include credits recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE) for military occupational experience and training.
- Transfer Credits include credits for courses successfully completed at other intuitions accepted in accordance with university policy.
- Prior Learning Credits include experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU; evaluated corporate training certificates; non-transcripted military training; and national testing, including College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) and DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) examinations.
To request a degree evaluation, email your unofficial CCAF transcripts and program of interest to email@example.com.
NAU has been designated as an institutional member of Service Members Opportunity Colleges (SOC). As an SOC member, NAU has committed itself to easing the transfer of relevant course credits providing flexible academic residency of no more than 25 percent of the total credit hours required for graduation, and credits for learning from appropriate military training and experiences. More information is available on SOC in NAU's undergraduate catalog: https://national.smartcatalogiq.com/2017-2018/2017-2018-Undergraduate-Catalog. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MILITARY TUITION ASSISTANCE
- Active members of the Air Force may qualify for Tuition Assistance (TA) funding.
- Visit Air Force TA Portal to learn about available TA funding.
- TA requests must be completed no later than 7 days prior to the course start.