National American University offers soldiers an opportunity to achieve their educational goals with programs specifically designed to recognize their military training and education. Examples of these programs are the AAS Emergency Medical Services and the BS Emergency Medical Services.
AAS Emergency Medical Services
The Associate of Applied Science in Emergency Medical Services program at National American University is a degree completion program specifically designed for military personnel (active, guard, or reserve) who have completed emergency medical technician training and hold a current EMT or paramedic certification. Servicemembers who have completed MOS-68-W training, or a service-comparable program, and hold a current certification will receive ACE-evaluated credit. Utilizing CLEP, DSST, and other prior learning credit for qualified training and experience, military students could complete their associate degree within six months to a year and complete as few as five courses.
BS Emergency Medical Services
The Bachelor of Applied Science in Emergency Medical Services Management program is a degree completion program specifically designed for military personnel (active, guard, or reserve) who have completed emergency medical technician training and hold a current EMT or paramedic certification. The program provides students with the necessary skills to become effective managers and leaders within their respective fields and areas of expertise.
Other NAU Programs
Other popular programs include:
- Business Administration BS
- Criminal Justice BS
- Healthcare Management BS
- Information Technology AAS
- Information Technology BS
- Management AAS
- Management BS
- Organizational Leadership BS
Earn your degree sooner using transfer credits from prior education and prior learning credits from qualified military training, work, and life experience. NAU accepts up to 75% of the credits required for certain degree programs as transfer credits or a combination of transfer credits and prior learning credits, as permitted by accreditation standards, state regulations, and university policy.
- JST Credits include credits documented on your Joint Services Transcript (JST) for professional military education, training, and occupation experiences of service members and veterans.
- ACE Credits include credits recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE) for military occupational experience and training.
- Transfer Credits include credits for courses successfully completed at other intuitions accepted in accordance with university policy.
- Prior Learning Credits include experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU; evaluated corporate training certificates; non-transcripted military training; and national testing, including College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) and DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) examinations.
NAU’s MOS Credit Guide lists the NAU credits that may be awarded for each Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) Code per degree program.
An NAU military advisor is available to assist you with your transfer and prior learning credits. Please email your unofficial Joint Services Transcript and program of interest to email@example.com.
MILITARY TUITION ASSISTANCE
- Active members of the Army may qualify for Tuition Assistance (TA) funding.
- Visit Go Army Ed to learn about available TA funding.
- TA requests must be completed no later than one day before the course starts.