National American University offers Coast Guardsmen an opportunity to complete their educational goals with programs designed to meet their needs. Flexible online programs allow Coast Guardsmen the ability to access their NAU courses from any station.
National American University recognizes the training and experiences that come with serving our country. NAU believes you should be able to use that training and experience toward the achievement of your degree.
Click here to see how your Coast Guard Rating (CGR) transfers into college credit to our most popular programs.
BS Healthcare Management
The Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management degree program is designed to help students develop the knowledge and skills needed to become effective managers and leaders within the healthcare industry. Students explore concepts and theories related to management and supervision, quality improvement, policy and ethics, law and the regulatory environment, financial management, and strategic planning and evaluation in health care. The program’s performance-based curriculum provides a variety of opportunities to improve critical thinking, decision making, and communication skills through analysis of real-world healthcare issues.
BS Criminal Justice
For students whose goal is to pursue a career in the field of criminal justice, National American University offers the criminal justice bachelor of science degree. The curriculum is designed to provide students with the knowledge, skills and abilities for the career fields of criminal justice. Graduates of the criminal justice bachelor of science degree program are prepared to apply for entry-level employment in policing, courts or corrections and also to advance from entry-level employment to the supervisory and administrative levels of these career fields once they have attained the requisite entry-level experience.
Other NAU Programs
Other popular programs include:
- Business Administration BS
- Information Technology AAS
- Information Technology BS
- Management AAS
- Management BS
- Organizational Leadership BS
TRANSFER AND PRIOR LEARNING CREDIT
Earn your degree sooner using transfer credits from prior education and prior learning credits from qualified military training, work, and life experience. Transfer up to 100% of your eligible credits required for certain degree programs as transfer credits or a combination of transfer credits and prior learning credits, as permitted by accreditation standards, state regulations, and university policy. More information is available on Transfer of Credit in NAU's undergraduate catalog https://national.smartcatalogiq.com/2017-2018/Undergraduate-Catalog/Academics/Transfer-of-Credit
- JST Credits include credits documented on your Joint Services Transcript (JST) for professional military education, training, and occupation experiences of service members and veterans.
- ACE Credits include credits recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE) for military occupational experience and training.
- Transfer Credits include credits for courses successfully completed at other intuitions accepted in accordance with university policy.
- Prior Learning Credits include experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU; evaluated corporate training certificates; non-transcripted military training; and national testing, including College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) and DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) examinations.
To request a degree evaluation, email your unofficial military transcripts and program of interest to email@example.com.
NAU has been designated as an institutional member of Service Members Opportunity Colleges (SOC). As an SOC member, NAU has committed itself to easing the transfer of relevant course credits providing flexible academic residency of no more than 25 percent of the total credit hours required for graduation, and credits for learning from appropriate military training and experiences. More information is available on SOC in NAU's undergraduate catalog: https://national.smartcatalogiq.com/2017-2018/2017-2018-Undergraduate-Catalog. For questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
MILITARY TUITION ASSISTANCE
- Active members of the Coast Guard may qualify for Tuition Assistance (TA) funding.
- Visit Coast Guard TA Information to learn about available TA funding.
- TA requests must be completed no later than 16 days prior to the course start.