National American University has flexible program options, a team approach to student support, and the ability to utilize military training and experience toward the achievement of educational goals.
National American University’s online degree programs offer Marines the opportunity to continue to work on their education from just about anywhere. NAU offers more than 60 degrees in Criminal Justice, Management, Information Technology, Healthcare, and Organizational Leadership to assist Marines in achieving their educational goals.
Click here to see how your Marine Corps Enlisted occupation (MCEs) transfer into NAU's most common programs.
Some popular programs include:
- Criminal Justice BS
- Healthcare Management BS
- Information Technology AAS
- Information Technology BS
- Management AAS
- Management BS
- Organizational Leadership BS
TRANSFER AND PRIOR LEARNING CREDIT
Earn your degree sooner using transfer credits from prior education and prior learning credits from qualified military training, work, and life experience. Transfer up to 100% of your eligible credits required for certain degree programs as transfer credits or a combination of transfer credits and prior learning credits, as permitted by accreditation standards, state regulations, and university policy. More information is available on Transfer of Credit in NAU's undergraduate catalog https://national.smartcatalogiq.com/2017-2018/Undergraduate-Catalog/Academics/Transfer-of-Credit
- JST Credits include credits documented on your Joint Services Transcript (JST) for professional military education, training, and occupation experiences of service members and veterans.
- ACE Credits include credits recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE) for military occupational experience and training.
- Transfer Credits include credits for courses successfully completed at other intuitions accepted in accordance with university policy.
- Prior Learning Credits include experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU; evaluated corporate training certificates; non-transcripted military training; and national testing, including College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) and DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) examinations.
To request a degree evaluation, email your unofficial military transcripts and program of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NAU has been designated as an institutional member of Service Members Opportunity Colleges (SOC). As an SOC member, NAU has committed itself to easing the transfer of relevant course credits providing flexible academic residency of no more than 25 percent of the total credit hours required for graduation, and credits for learning from appropriate military training and experiences. More information is available on SOC in NAU's undergraduate catalog: https://national.smartcatalogiq.com/2017-2018/2017-2018-Undergraduate-Catalog. For questions, email email@example.com.
MILITARY TUITION ASSISTANCE
- Active members of the Marine Corps may qualify Tuition Assistance (TA) funding.
- Visit TA Request Portal to learn about available TA Funding.
- TA requests must be completed and approved at least 1 day prior to the course start.