National American University offers sailors an opportunity to complete their educational goals with programs designed to meet the needs of our students. Flexible online programs allow sailors to access their NAU courses from any port.
NAU recognizes the training and experience that come with serving our country. Click here to see how your Navy Occupational Specialty (NER) transfers into college credit to our most popular programs.
Some popular programs include:
- Business Administration BS
- Criminal Justice BS
- Healthcare Management BS
- Information Technology AAS
- Information Technology BS
- Management AAS
- Management BS
- Organizational Leadership BS
TRANSFER AND PRIOR LEARNING CREDIT
Earn your degree sooner using transfer credits from prior education and prior learning credits from qualified military training, work, and life experience. Transfer up to 100% of your eligible credits required for certain degree programs as transfer credits or a combination of transfer credits and prior learning credits, as permitted by accreditation standards, state regulations, and university policy. More information is available on Transfer of Credit in NAU's undergraduate catalog https://national.smartcatalogiq.com/2017-2018/Undergraduate-Catalog/Academics/Transfer-of-Credit
- JST Credits include credits documented on your Joint Services Transcript (JST) for professional military education, training, and occupation experiences of service members and veterans.
- ACE Credits include credits recommended by the American Council on Education (ACE) for military occupational experience and training.
- Transfer Credits include credits for courses successfully completed at other intuitions accepted in accordance with university policy.
- Prior Learning Credits include experiential learning or portfolio credits awarded by NAU; evaluated corporate training certificates; non-transcripted military training; and national testing, including College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) and DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) examinations.
To request a degree evaluation, email your unofficial military transcripts and program of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NAU has been designated as an institutional member of Service Members Opportunity Colleges (SOC). As an SOC member, NAU has committed itself to easing the transfer of relevant course credits providing flexible academic residency of no more than 25 percent of the total credit hours required for graduation, and credits for learning from appropriate military training and experiences. More information is available on SOC in NAU's undergraduate catalog: https://national.smartcatalogiq.com/2017-2018/2017-2018-Undergraduate-Catalog. For questions, email email@example.com.
MILITARY TUITION ASSISTANCE
- Active members of the Navy may qualify for Tuition Assistance (TA) funding.
- Visit Navy College Program to learn about available TA funding.
- TA requests must be completed no later than 14 days before the course starts.